Monday, August 28, 2023

Regulating Hair Loss: Regenerating Your Hair Follicles



Back to our main blog spot. During the pandemic I started a new blog Surviving Covid once the beauty industry shut down abruptly happened. Feel free to check that one out after you read these posts.

Enjoy & please provide feedback on your perspective to the topics that interest you. Many thanks!




 Sooo, hair loss has been flooding my timeline lately. It's also been a topic within the salon more & more.

I believe this is not due to products, as most of my clientele are natural, however I believe stress, medication, lack of adequate water, age, eating habits & lack of hair/scalp care at home are all factors coming up in coversation more & more. Wealso can't overlook the thought that COVID has plaid a part in hair & skin issues.

I try to encourage healthy eating, hair care & better products by recommending take-home items, by asking how much water is being consumed daily on average, if medications have been intoduced to their daily routine, etc. 

Stress, heredity & medication seem to be the main factors we conclude once the conversation is had. Also, make sure your new customers are filling out a client form in-person or online prior to their appointment. We currently do a paper form, however I definitely believe the online or text form can save time & help you as the beauty or grooming professional craft a plan based on the answers provided prior to thier arrival. The virtual option will make the treatment plan more effecient.

'How do you we save our precious crowns,' you're wondering?  

Welp, for sure take a look at the points mentioned above. We all can stand to improve in some if not all areas, so show yourself some grace & strive to do better starting today. 

I am ecstatic when I see results within the salon-setting especially if the customer is utilizing the products recommended. It's better to work as a team with your beauty professionals not against. I was also happy about rejuvenating the hair follicles with in-salon scalp treatments. We at D'va Styles have now incorporated medical grade low level light therapy as a hair/scalp treatment. This can be used as a preventative measure as well as for those currently experiencing hair loss in some form.

Think about it, you see your beauty professional once every week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 6 months or a year...sooo who has more control over the state of the hair more than the customer. It's a team effort.

If you need an accountability partner, D'va Styles is happy to be there for you. How much you ask? It's FREE!!!

I want to see women & men be the best versions of themselves possible. God will have to help with a lot of it, but we must be committed to helping ourselves not just complaining about what's wrong. Let's operate from a space of solutions. 

What is helping me to be a better version of myself is writing down my food intake for the day. I even try to list the approximate time. This strategy goes for my water in-take as well. In writing it down or jotting in my phone notes, I'm able to be more aware & hold myslef accountable for my eating/drinking habits. I am persoanlly bad with eating on schedule & with consuming enough food during the day whether I'm working from home, running errands or behind the chair. So, keeping a log helps me pick up the pace with my caloric consumption.  Oftentimes we're not consuming enough calories, especially women. The right calories are vital to women's hormonal, emotional & physical health.

With the record keeping, workouts, of any type of stretches, yoga, cardio, walking, weight training can be added also.


Again, D'va Styles is here to help so let us know today if you're interested in having an accountability person in your corner especially if you know you won't have anyone else supporting your eating/workout habits. I'm not saying cut out all your favorites, but I'm saying let's eat in moderation.Your metabolism & weight will thank you.

Blessings (& don't forget to comment below),

~Tash


D'va Styles Beauty Bar & Studios, LLC

text questions to 704-605-9659 Charlotte, NC 

email: tasha.dvastyles@gmail.com

ig @dvastyles 

youtube "Respect the Business" podcast @tashadvastyles

No comments:

Post a Comment