Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Starting A Business: Get It Done, No Excuses!


FEAR!!!
That's what stands in our way of success. Worrying about finances, other's opinion, our self-perception, and the list goes on & on.

I'm in the hair business & at one time I worked as an admissions rep at a cosmetology school. I can't count how many times I had ladies call & tell me they were interested & always had a passion for hair, but just didn't know how to go about it. Or, maybe they were stuck between 2 career options, or maybe they needed to check with their husband...EXCUSES!!

If you have a passion to do something, whatever the field, I'm telling you to go for it. Don't let anyone or anything stand in your way. I have kids & I have a husband, but I was a single mom for quite some time & I had to make it work. Going to cosmetology school, doing hair in the evenings. Eventually, working in a salon during the day, going to get the kids, spending time with them, having them a sitter just to go out to client's homes to do hair again. I wasn't charging a lot at all. I was trying to get my feet wet, prove myself, get my skills up & build a business.

I want to challenge all of you reading this post to be motivated & inspired to go after those dreams that are just burning away inside. Don't allow those flames to die out. Keep fanning those flames with each day that you are blessed to see; whether that means handing out business cards &/or flyers, going to networking events, calling people to introduce your business, going to businesses to invite others to your business or event, creating your logo, orchestrating your photo shoot, finding a team of people to work with....whatever pertains to your business, I want to challenge you to email that to me DAILY!!!

If no one else is encouraging you to pursue your dreams, I want to encourage you to do so starting Today, not tomorrow, next week, next month or next year.
Not after your finances are better, the baby starts school, etc.

I look forward to celebrating all of the small (yet so significant) accomplishments. Even if you have some setbacks, don't allow them to discourage you for long & Definitely don't allow them (or others) to make you lose site of your goals. Life happens, but we have to make the most of life. We only get one!
Let's start today making the most of God's blessings. Write It, Plan It, Execute It.

Today's Assignment:
*Send me your dream(s) (Email: Tasha.dvastyles@gmail.com) & comment on this post
*What did you do today to help accomplish it/them/
*What are your goals for the remainder of the week to help reach your goal(s)?

I can't wait to see all of the wonderful ideas you all have. I bet they are more attainable than you think. You just have to get the ball rolling, build up momentum & next thing you know you've reached your destination. "Get It Done; No Excuses!"

www.dvastyles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment